American Council for Polish Culture
AFFILIATE MATCHING FUNDS GRANT CRITERIA
As Approved at the October 3, 2009,
ACPC Fall Board Meeting in Rochester, New York
(Revised August 30, 2017)
1. In order to assist our Affiliates maintain viability within their communities, expand their outreach with a view to increasing and strengthening their membership, as well as enhance the Polish profile, arts and culture, we propose that the American Council for Polish Culture establish a fund for matching grants to our Affiliates as follows:
2. Grant(s) are available to ACPC Affiliates for special Polish cultural projects in their respective communities for which an Affiliate may not have sufficient funds to undertake or complete. (Excludes Wigilia and Swieconka, considered to be regular fund raising events sponsored by our member organizations.) Projects which originate within the Council and/or are used as a feature to solicit funds for a Council Committee are not eligible for Affiliate Grants.
3. For the fiscal year 2017-2018, the amount of each grant will consist of Matching Funds up to and including $750.
4. The grant(s) may be used for any Polish cultural project excluding scholarships or literary competitions, for which the ACPC currently has other funding available.
5. The grant(s) may be applied for by ACPC member organizations (with dues paid up to date) which have been Affiliates in good standing for at least two years.
6. The number of grants awarded in any given year will be based on the funds available for that year.
7. Grants may be applied for by completion of a grant application form which will be provided by the ACPC to member groups seeking funding.
8. Only one application form per Affiliate per fiscal year will be accepted for consideration.
9. The Application must come from the Affiliate President, or be authorized in writing by him/her if it is sent by another member of the Affiliate.
10. The proposed project must be described in detail, together with the benefits to the Affiliate's community, including the estimated total cost of the entire project.
11. Recipient(s) of the grant(s) must give credit to ACPC for funding in all publicity on the project, including credit in writing in the printed program of the event.
12. Each Affiliate awarded a grant must submit a written report within one month after completion of the event/project, describing its outcome and benefit to the community. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility to apply for a future grant.
13. To determine recipients of the grant(s), applications will be evaluated by the ACPC Affiliate Grants Committee. Decision of the judges will be final. All grant applications must be received by the Committee no later than September 30 of the current year. Failure to complete all parts of the Application will result in disqualification.
14. Affiliate recipient(s) of grant(s) may apply for another grant after two years have passed from the date of their first (previous) award.
For further information, please contact:Affiliates Grants Chair Marcia LewandowskiView the Application Form (.pdf format)
5128 Casmere Street
Detroit, MI 48212-2872
tel: (313) 891-0696