ACPC Marcella Kochańska Sembrich
Vocal Competition 2018
The $1,500 prize is given to support the career development of a young singer of Polish descent. Marcella Kochańska Sembrich (1858-1935) was a Polish coloratura soprano with a long career at the Metropolitan Opera in New York, after which she taught at Curtis Institute and Julliard School of Music.
Application deadline: May 1, 2018
Application fee: None
1. Contestant must be of Polish descent, a United States citizen or a permanent resident, and not under professional management.
2. The competition is open to men or women up to the age of 35, who are pursuing higher education in voice, or in early stages of their vocal career.
1. Each contestant must submit a completed application form with required enclosures.
2. Each contestant must submit six (6) copies of a DVD or CD recording of his/her singing with accompaniment.
3. The recording should be approximately 30 minutes, and consist of arias and art songs, including selections in several languages including Polish. The DVD/CD must be labeled with the applicant's name and the selections performed.
4. Sketch of family tree demonstrating Polish heritage.
5. The winner must be available to perform a full recital at the 2018 national convention of the American Council of Polish Culture (ACPC) in Minneapolis, MN, held during August 8 - 11, 2018. The recital must include several Polish arias or art songs.
6. The ACPC will provide for the winner two (2) night's accommodation and reasonable travel expenses.
7. Applications with enclosures must be received by May 1, 2018.
Send application and enclosures to:
Dr. Jaroslaw Golembiowski, Chair
Marcella Kochańska Sembrich Vocal Competition
1427 W. Greenleaf Ave. #3N
Chicago, IL 60626
Additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
electronic submissions will be considered-please call first 773-262-9699
When preparing your program please remember that the year 2018 marks the 100th Anniversary of Poland's Independence
Report on 2017 Sembrich Award: Program from 2017 Performance:
Report on 2016 Sembrich Award: Program from 2016 Performance:
Report on 2015 Sembrich Award: Program from 2015 Performance:
Report on 2014 Sembrich Award: Program from 2014 Performance: